What’s living in your product? And, why do you need to know?
You and your team work tirelessly to create exceptional products! Make sure you know what is living in those products and how these microorganisms affect the quality of your beverages.
Our microbiological analysis offerings for beer, kombucha and cider are comprehensive packages utilizing our GeneDisc® Rapid Microbiology System manufactured by Pall. This technology allows for rapid, highly-efficient microbial testing.
The species identified through this analysis include:
- Lactobacillus brevis
- Lactobacillus lindneri
- Lactobacillus backii
- Lactobacillus (para)collinoides
- Lactobacillus acetotolerans
- Lactobacillus group: L. casei, L. paracasei, L. coryniformis, L. rossiae, L. parabuchneri (= frigidus), L. perolens, and L. plantarum
- Megasphaera spp.
- Pectinatus spp.
- Pediococcus spp.
- Saccharomyces spp. (including S. cerevisiae, S. pastorianus, S. cerevisiae var. diastaticus)
- Brettanomyces / Dekkera spp. (including B. bruxellensis)
- Candida spp. / Pichia spp.
- Zygosaccharomyces spp. (including Z. bailii)
- Saccharomycodes spp.
- Schizosaccharomyces spp.
Benefits of PCR vs. Plating:
In addition, we can utilize selective plating, if required, for both brewing yeast and possible beer spoiling organisms. Analysis is possible for finished beer, kombucha, and cider, yeast slurries, or any samples during fermentation. Pasteurization samples will have an additional enrichment to verify effectiveness of pasteurization through microbiological identification.